Monday, October 23, 2017

What keeps me going? What inspires me?





Good music
Nothing can be as deafening as the silence of an empty room. I love jazz and R&B, but my favorite type of music is gospel. Some of my favorite artists are Kenny G, Will Downing, and Tamela Mann. It really doesn't matter what type of music you prefer, it's all about listening to something that will put you In the Zone. One of the contributors to cancer is stress, so any music that will de-stress you is going to be beneficial. 

Kenny G
Will Downing
Tamela Mann

My family
I truly love my family. I know that you're supposed to love your family but I've met some messed up people in my lifetime. You know, the kind of people that the only reason you love them is because they're your family. But I have a great family. I can honestly say that if they weren't my family, I'd love them anyway.

God
There is no way I could've made it this far without my faith in God. Not just my belief that there is a supreme being, higher power, and some people refer to Him as God. But I'm talking about my knowledge that God is the creator of the universe and He is Lord over my life. He is greater than any situation that I've ever found myself in and He's certainly greater than cancer. Even on the darkest of days, I can find evidence of God's goodness. Before cancer, I hadn't noticed the beauty of a sunny day or the joy of just sitting and kicking it with a really good friend. Man, I tell you, there's nothing better.
















3 comments: