Saturday, October 21, 2017

Frightened and Confused

Did you know that it's been estimated that one in every eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some period in their lifetime? This means that you either know someone who has been diagnosed, or if you're like me, you yourself have been diagnosed with that real ugly word, the Big C, cancer.

A cancer diagnosis can be both frightening and confusing. I hope that you will use this website to minimize some of the confusion surrounding breast cancer and thereby remove some of the fears associated with it as well.

My plan is to recapture some of the thoughts and experiences I've had over the years as I was first diagnosed with breast cancer and later as I tried to plow through all of the information and misinformation out there. And somewhere in between all of that I'll share the process of what worked for me, what didn't work for me, some of the emotions I experienced, and some of the tools that helped me work through those emotions to get to a better place.

Battling breast cancer is a lot like life in the sense that you can't afford to spend all of your time focusing on the destination. 

"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it."  Greg Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment